How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day as a Family
Now that you’ve settled down and started the family you’ve always dreamed of, certain holidays have changed–Valentine’s Day included! Rather than a steamy date, you’ll probably want to spend the big day with the whole family.
Read on for some fun ideas for celebrating a family valentine’s day!
- Make homemade Valentine’s Day cards. Break out the glitter, construction paper and macaroni. But don’t just have your kids make the cards. Get in there and make some of your own!
- Do something different. It can be easy to get into a routine when you’re raising a family. Holidays are a good excuse to break out of your everyday ideas. Choose an activity for Valentine’s Day that will create some new memories.
- Have a special dinner. While most kids won’t be happy with an entirely new menu, you can still make the family Valentine’s Day dinner unique. Use food coloring to turn macaroni and cheese pink. Cut meat into the shape of a heart. Use your imagination!
- Talk about love. Not just romantic love, but the love a parent has for a child and vice versa. Go around the dinner table and have each person say something they love about someone else in the room.
- Watch a kid-friendly romantic movie. Even if it’s a children’s movie, pick one that has a bit of love involved, like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs or Up. After all, that’s what this day is about.
What will you do for your family Valentine’s Day?