More Tinseltown Twins!
The couple has a lot of company. Family and friends bought twin baby gifts for Celine Dion, Sarah Jessica Parker, Molly Ringwald, Angelina Jolie, Rebecca Romijn, Lisa Marie Presley, Julia Roberts and Jennifer Lopez.
Before we get into the gifts, here are a few interesting facts about twin births:
- Up to 22% of twins are left-handed. In the general populace, only 10% are left-handed.
- Where you live can help determine whether or not you conceive multiples. If you live in Massachusetts and Connecticut, the twinning rate is 25% higher than the general populace.
- However, if you don’t want twins, move to Hawaii. Their rate of twin births is 30% less than the rate in the rest of the nation.
- Fraternal twins are much more common than identical twins. The chance of having twins is about 1 in 285.
- 27 lbs. and 12oz. total is the heaviest combined birth weight of any set of twins.
- Cirque du Soleil employs the most sets of twins. (With the exception of the Twins restaurant in New York City, where you can only be a waiter if you are an identical twin.)
- Only 14% of women carry multiples past 37 weeks. Most women give birth prematurely.
- 56% of all twin births are spontaneous. (Meaning the couple did not use fertility drugs.)
- Once you’ve had fraternal twins, you are three to four times more likely to have another set!
Purchasing Presents for Two!
We’ll have to wait and see if any of our celebrity moms of twins proves that last fact true! Meanwhile, here are three terrific, “twice as cute” gift basket ideas. The top photo shows the “Babies in Bloom” Gift Basket, in the middle is the “Twins Rock” Gift Basket–so perfect for Mariah and Nick, right?), and the last photo is the Twins “Celestial” Gift Basket. (Of course, if you don’t want to go the “gift basket” route, remember that most newborn baby gifts have a pink version and a blue version (not to mention yellow and green for either gender) so you can simply mix and match, depending on the combination!)