Some expectant parents can’t help but spill the beans as soon as they find out the gender of their baby. They take to Facebook and tell anyone who will listen.
But, what if you want to make the gender announcement a fun event? These days, more and more parents are having gender reveal parties. If you want to have one of these, then read on for 5 fun ways to announce your baby’s gender.
- Cut the colorful cake. A gender reveal party is all about the suspense. After guests have eaten dinner, reveal your baby’s gender by cutting a cake. The frosting should be a neutral color–white is best–but have the cake inside be either pink or blue to signify the gender.
- Hit the pinata. If you’re having a lot of kids at your party, you can kill two birds with one stone by using a pinata for your gender reveal. Fill the pinata with candies that have either blue or pink wrappers. When the pinata bursts, the candy will reveal the gender while your underage guests fill their pockets.
- Release the balloons. Fill a box with helium balloons of either pink or blue to represent the baby’s gender. When you’re ready to reveal the gender to your guests, open up the box and let the balloons fly!
- Drop the confetti. Fill a box or sack–that you can’t see through–with colored confetti. Open it during the gender reveal so pink or blue confetti rains down on guests.
- Play a song. When it’s time to reveal the gender, play a song that says it all. If it’s a girl, you could play Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want to Have Fun.” For a boy, you could play “Anything Like Me” by Brad Paisley.
How will you announce your baby’s gender?