So, you’re pregnant. Congratulations! As you get further along in the pregnancy, you’ll find that you have a lot to plan. You need to buy a crib, decorate a nursery and prepare a bag for your inevitable trip to the hospital, just to name a few.
Another major planning session involves the baby shower. Even if you’re enlisting the help of friends for this endeavor, there’s still one question you have to answer right away: should you make it a co-ed baby shower (also known as a couples baby shower)?
Before you scoff at the idea, read this list of reasons to go co-ed:
- No one will feel left out. These days, most women have male friends as well as female. With a co-ed baby shower, your male friends won’t have to feel left out.
- You can include the daddy. Not only will the father of the baby be included, but he can also co-host with you. This will hopefully take away some of the burden.
- It can be good if you’re having a boy. It may feel more natural to have the boy-centric decorations if there are men at the party.
- More presents! More guests means more presents, and that’s never a bad thing.
- Your shower won’t be the same old-same old. If you’re the kind of person that shies away from old traditions, then a co-ed shower is a good alternative. While they’re gaining popularity, they’re still not common enough to be considered mainstream.
Will you be having a co-ed baby shower?